Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wyle E. Coyote, Creative Genius/ Housework Loser

Brother. Fair Isle. I am impressed with myself! Have I ever told you that I am a CREATIVE GENIUS? I feel like Wyle E. Coyote just saying that. But I kind of feel like that today. It feels good.


So, today I have done tons of stuff, so far. Mostly, not housework, and not family stuff. At least we did tons of school today.

I have spun, I have knit, I have set twist in 11.7oz of cream merino and hung it on boxwood. I have got the girls to at least grab their clean laundry and stuff it in their drawers, unfolded. At least it is up off the floor now!!!

This is, hopefully, going to be sock yarn. We'll see. Last night I helped Diana learn to spin. She did GREAT by the way!!! I got some good tips on how to 'tweak' my wheel (same model). Learned how to adjust tension on a double drive!


I am still not spinning fine enough for a 2ply sock yarn though.





Then, moved on to soap. Made soap on Monday, for Jen, and unmolded it yesterday. Now it just 'hangs out' for a while as it ages. Like wine. Remember the Gallo commercial from the 80's: We will sell no wine before it's time! Soap is the same. It needs to age, but not as long as wine.



Then we come to the bane of my existence. Laundry. I HATE laundry. Do you know how dirty children are? How bout people in general. I was baking a quick bread for a family party tonight and noticed how dirty the drawer under my oven was. How did that happen?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

LOVIN' the Brother Fair Isle!! I can't wait to see if all done.

Diana said...

I don't know how you do it all!!!Creative Genius is correct!!! Thanks for the compliment although I remain frustrated and my spinning still leaves a lot to be desired. I'll persevere though.

Vouray said...

Wow, you are incredibly crafty! You are one of those women who could live in a cabin in the woods!

Anonymous said...

Your Fair Isle is beautiful. The soap looks great. I can pick it up whenever convenient.....