Saturday, April 21, 2007

We're back!!!!

Holden Beach, NC. April 2007.

We froze our arses off. I have never been so cold as I was this past week. We got tired of being locked inside during a Nor'Easter, so we went to the beach and the sea was really rough.

Kids are made of sterner stuff than me. My lovedies are all in the water. Why, why, why? It wasn't even 60 degrees.


The wind whipped up quite a bit of foam. Ethan really enjoyed playing with it like bubbles from his bath. He is only 3 after all.


Then, it didn't matter anymore about the weather. It didn't matter that our car broke down. All that mattered was that we were together and safe.

Andy is an alum of VT. Andy's brother, Tim, is an undergrad and grad alum. It was horrible to watch and to be away. We cried a bit and prayed a bit.




The weather did improve enough to consider letting the kids wear shorts. I only did so after much begging and pleading. At least it wasn't my body shivering and my teeth chattering. I got no points for good mothering this week.

4 comments:

Diana said...

It's still nice to get away regardless of weather. Looks like there was still family time to be had! What I don't understand is ...."Where are all the finished knitting projects?"
We were at Sunset Beach (just north of you) during 9-11. Yes, emotion and prayer is all we can do. Glad you're back!

Nana Sadie said...

What lovely photos! I'm sure the break was welcome, even tho' the news back home wasn't good.
(((hugs)))

IndigoMuse said...

So glad that you got back safe and sound and had a good vacation albeit cold. I'm ready for some hot weather. Prayer is always a good thing :)

T

Vouray said...

I got cold just looking at the pictures!