Sunday, April 29, 2007

barometric pressure


Have you ever noticed on 'high-pressure' days your mood is better. Today's weather is 75 degrees, sunny, and slightly breezy. I am in HEAVEN!!! Mood is great. No sweating or freezing. A light shawl might be called for, but just because shawls are so pretty. I love 'high pressure' days. Barometric pressure that is.









I don't like days when the pressure to produce is high. Go, go, go. Those days the witch in me starts to come out. Can you relate? Give me some time to knit, spin, visit, pray..... whatever. And I am a better woman for it.

Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves to 'do it all?' I just want to enjoy what I have. The friends I have. The children I have. The husband I have. The time I have. I am tired of thinking the grass is greener somewhere else, sometime else or whatever. We only get one time around on this planet. I want to make the most of it. Invest in YOU. Invest in my kiddoes and husband. Am I preaching? I don't mean to.

Let's give each other and ESPECIALLY ourselves some grace. Grace is undeserved merit or favor. Forgiveness. Letting go of hurt feelings and putting them in the trash. We all have been hurt, big time hurt, and hurt each other. I am making a commitment to let it go. Forgive. Forget. Love. Not the romantic type, but the true type. The kind that puts others 1st. I think that way, I will be filled up with 'a high pressure, breezy, and comfortable' life. Am I crazy? Maybe? This doesn't mean that life is easy. Au Contraire. I am just learning to live in grace and forgive.


Thank you God for this high pressure day. It was beautiful. I think I'll go knit on my porch.

1 comment:

IndigoMuse said...

Your words of wisdom couldn't have come at a better time. I've been giving myself a hard time because of the pressure I put on myself to produce. Not sure where it comes from but most days its hard to ignore. We do need to work harder on forgiving others but first and foremost, ourselves. Thanks for putting my heart on the right track today :)