Saturday, January 06, 2007

The construction of 'Arwen' is unique. The back is a big rectangle but the front panel, sleeve, and hood are all knit in one piece. Very cool, but it is taking FOREVER to knit the sleeve and front together. I shouldn't complain. I am putting to use all of the skills I have learned recently, ie.... short row shaping, backward loop cast on, and more intricate cableing.

This picture doesn't do the cable pattern justice. It is VERY pretty. Can't wait to wear it.

I am concerned about my 'making a sweater fit' ability. Between gauge, using a different yarn than the pattern calls for, and my loose knitting.... even picking the amount of c on stitches is kind of scary. The back looks huge, but the front is looking like it will fit. *sigh* It'll be OK no matter what. I'm gonna wear it!!!!

Today, I am taking dd #1 to see Charlotte's Web. DD #2 is at grandma's house getting some quality time with her. DS is gonna fix the garbage disposal with Andy. WHich will be a real trick considereing he is 2 (son, not husband). Happy Saturday everyone, cate

No comments: