This is the lace wing moth section of the Fiore di Melanzana stole. Handspun from David Simpson. Robin helped me decide how many oz. I'd need. I am pretty sure that it is an uneven lace weight up to some sections sport weight yarn. Glad it is for lace and not a fitted garment.
Finished up Wallaby #2 for DD#1. Great pattern, but BORING! That is that huge pack of yarn from Knitters Knook. Forgot what it is called. I affectionately call it the 'Z-Pack', as it is from New Zealand. But wait? A Z-Pack if a type of antibiotic. Oh, well. Great yardage, cheap, and best of all wool to keep my kiddoes warm.
Oh, guess what? We are getting a wood stove next week. We have an oil furnace and radiators. Great heat. One problem. We only bought 1/2 a tank of oil and the price was INSANE! In 2 years, we will have saved enough money heating our house with wood to make up for the cost of the stove. Better for the environment too, just a little added bonus for me! Right now, on Oct. 3 at 9:16 am, my house is 65 deg. F. I REFUSE to turn the heat on with all the wool sweaters I have been knitting for my kids over the last 2 years, they are gonna have to actually wear them.
So, DH, is going to have another reason to support my knitting and spinning habit. The sock there is a knee high (I am so into knee highs right now) made with Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn. L-O-V-E T-H-A-T Y-A-R-N!
I am so grateful to God for so many things in this season of my life. I think I'll make a list. This is as much for me to remind myself of His goodness TODAY! Here goes:
- healthy children
- healthy self and husband
- distance between my crazy family and me. Oh, about 6 hours or so :)
- I have a spinning wheel
- I can knit so very, many cool things
- I have shelter
- there is a wood pile bigger than my mini-van in the driveway
- it is sunny today
- it is my favorite month today
- I am making pasta for dinner
- Andy still has a job!
- Andy is off next week
- Mom is safe, and secure, for now, in a nursing home
- I have all the advice I need to make a competent decision for mom's care
- dad had foresight to leave enough money to care for his wife after his death
- I have many, many friends
- I have high speed Internet
- I don't have a cell phone!
- I love this high pressure in the area now
- did I forget to mention my stash?
I could go on forever. I make this list to help resist the temptation of self-pity. This has been a hard month. But, life is good and I am looking for the positives today.
OK. nough of that, gonna go feed my kids breakfy.