Monday, March 26, 2007

A new friend has arrived!!


Miss Koigu has arrived. She has been waiting for her debut. She has covered sick children, watched husband dig garden, watched me vacuum, warmed me as I had an early morning on the porch and has been a pleasure to have around the house.
I thought she was going to be more of a 'formal' visitor of the household, but it turns out that she is homey and warm and fits right into this home filled with children, school, food, playing outside and general messiness. She is not going to visit, but be a working member.
I thought she would only come out to church or dates with husband, but she wants to be an integral part of our home at all times. She wants to see and be seen in our daily lives. In short, she is going to get dirty with the rest of us.
Welcome Miss Koigu. I am glad you are here.

8 comments:

Nana Sadie said...

THAT's the very best description of a shawl...I use my Highland Triangle much the same way!
Miss Koigu is gorgeous! You should be very proud...now on to those socks you told me about! ;)
(((hugs)))

IndigoMuse said...

Ms. K is breathtakingly beautiful. Koigu is my fav sock weight yarn. You know how I love squishy yarn.

FemiKnitMafia said...

Wow! That's a lot of work, and a beautiful product. Kudos!

Robin said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Nikki said...

Miss Koigu is VERY beautiful!!

Nikki said...

Miss Koigu is VERY beautiful!!

jody said...

Wow! I love her! I usually am not a fan of lace shawls in varigated yarn b/c they look to busy but yours is breathtaking-I lOVE the colors in the yarn! Yay for you! Isn't it great to finish something? Especially with kiddos around-I know it's a rarity around these parts!!

Diana said...

She's the epitome of beauty in a shawl!!! Koigu is the best. I just need to find another project to use it!!!!