Thursday, February 08, 2007

Please don't read if you are squeamish

For all my darling friends out there who hate needles (as in, the FLU shot). This is a list of my symptoms:

nausea (no, I don't have that kind of flu. It is really weird)
faintness
razor blades in throat
fever
laryngitus
headache
extreme fatigue
staring into space
ABSOLUTELY NO KNITTING
and things that are unmentionable to say in public

I am begging and pleading with you, go get the shot. As I told a very special knitter, my darling MD gave me a shot in the bohunkus behind anyway, and I was so grateful for any hope of medical intervention that would result in me feeling better, I could have cared less. I didn't even look at the needle, just kept my head buried under the blanket his nurse pulled over me.

I will say, I think that the drug Tamiflu (along with Advil and Tylenol) might be a miracle drug. I am at least on my feet today. I cannot speak, but I can at least wander around the house a little without fear of fainting. WHo knows, I might be mostly cured tomorrow!! Still can't knit though or drink tea *sigh*

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I hope you feel better soon! I had a most icky virus in Jan and sympathize. I just tell mom (who's also a knitter) I'm so sick I didn't even knit and she knew I was SICK.

IndigoMuse said...

Yikes. You poor thing. Maybe if they shot me in my big ole butt, I wouldn't feel it - LOL! Get some rest this weekend.

Tanya