Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ramblings about resolutions


Isn't that just luscious!! I love this chestnut roving so much. It is mostly cotswald wool that is dyed and the white stuff is silk. I am thinking that it is going to become a cabled sweater for my son. I am going to make it quite large, so he can grow into it. I already have 2 skeins, double plied. It is kind of knobby and rustic. My favorite.








Here it is on the bobbin. It always amazes me how all that fluff can turn into something so sleek and nice. I can hardly wait to get it on the needles.

So, today I have put down my book. Me and Amelia did a partial day of school. She is having trouble sounding stuff out. Not because she can't. But, because she doesn't want to. It is like pulling teeth to get her to do it. I am starting to refuse to help her figure words out (things I have already taught her), forcing her to do it herself.

I also have a couple of New Years resolutions.
1) No TV until school is done for the day!!!
2) Read to the kids EVERY day.

I refuse to say 'lose weight' again. THis is what I think of that (for me because I have no discipline when it comes to food and exercise) %$#^%$%&$^*%*&%^^$@^$#@%^$&*
Plus, I don't want my girls picking up my body image issues. So, that means I need to learn to accept myself just the way I am.

I wanted to go to the Needle on the Square yarn sale today, but, alas......... no babysitting. Y'all get anything good? Post pix on your blogs. love, cate

No comments: