Thursday, December 14, 2006

A little knitting/spinning jig

I'm back!!!!! Yee Haw!!!! You don't know what you got until you lose it. Health!!! Thank you God!!!! Today is the 1st day that I am not chained to the ........... (sorry, tmi)

Finally.

I can knit, I can spin, I can eat, I can drink!!! I have so much to be thankful for this Christmas. God is good.

And I have been knitting again. Excuse me while I do a little knitting excitement jig around the room. On second thought, maybe not.

What have I been up to? Thank you for asking. I knit some of the Cielo (my very first novelty yarn) into a potato chip scarf. I am quite disappointed in the results though. The yarn is prettier spun than it is knit. In 10 more days when I have my digital camera.... I will show you!!

I am knitting up the Knitty.com Branching Out scarf in Dulce something or other in hot orange for my dear mother-in-law. Very gorgeous. Gonna have a hard time parting with that one. Except plan on doing another one for self in plum maybe.....
Can't finish the Koigu Keepsake Shawl until I get that scarf done. Then, back at it.

Oh..... Got my newest wool from Nistockfarms.com. The chestnut colorways which is a cotswald lamb/silk blend is TO DIE FOR. Got a whole pound. Have no idea what I am going to make with it, just gloat over it. Run my hands thru it and watch it magically turn into some very lusciously soft yarn. Also got Robin's (nistock robin, that is) Spring Meadow (also lamb/silk) and some natural colored brown lambs wool. Ooh La La. Santa has been good to Catie this year. And I have been a Very, Very Good Girl!!!!

After being quiet for AN ENTIRE WEEK, I have lots to say. So, more later. me

No comments: