Friday, November 10, 2006

3:05 pm

Wow............. Today went by really fast. It is already 3ish. Had Jackie A. Over with her kids. We are (hopefully) starting a homeschool co-op group. Today, was all about Thanksgiving. I had really low standards for the day as I have a special needs 1st grader and a barely interested K, and on top of that a 2 year old!! Whew. We had fun though. Got to show Hannah (Jackie's dd) how to use the niddy noddy to wind off yarn to make a skein. Probably going to be teaching her how to knit/spin soon.

I am on my 2nd color of my Koigu Keepsake shawl pattern. Very beautiful. A big thank you to Diana for providing me the pattern AND giving me a skein of her Koigu. Thanks, you are such a dear. I really think you must have the gift of giving.

Also, still working on Andy's (dear husband) handspun and handknitted sweater. It seems like it is taking forever to get the yarn finished. That is spinning it. I think by the time it is all done, it will be almost 2 pounds of wool and like 10ish skeins. I am learning a lot though. Gauge, etc....

That's all for now, maybe more later. Question, should I tell people that I have a blog? Would anyone be interested in my ramblings? Oh well, I'll think about that later. Now........... time to sit and knit!!

No comments: