Friday, September 14, 2007

Cappuccino

The thing about that ticker at the top of the blog, you know, "Birthday Present to Self", is that it has interfered with my caffeine consumption. Or should I say, Half and Half consumption, which interferes with my caffeine intake. Now, anyone who knows me, at sometime or other has heard me remark about how emotional I am. "I have strong feelings about my morning cup of coffee." I usually get weird remarks about that. Anyway, I figured it out, and I was drinking enough half and half in a week to make 8 days worth of calories in a 7 day weeks time. I realized that the cream had to go. So, after 3 weeks, I have successfully switched to skim milk in my coffee. *sigh* I will just have to be satisfied with CAPPUCCINO here:


It is about the color of my coffee now. It is composed of 2 singles. 1 is black coffee and the other is light brown coffee. I am hoping to have enough to knit a sweater. I have just a little of the black coffee left to spin and tons of the light brown coffee. These 7 skeins just got their twist set and an aromatherapy bath. I used lavender as the top note, rosemary as the middle note, and clove as the anchor or bottom note. In theory, the anchor (clove) should help the rosemary and lavender not evaporate off as fast. We'll see. The house is smelling very spicy right now. Oh yeah, they are essential oils not fragrance oils. I am a bit of a 'smell' snob after all!


7 comments:

Diana said...

'Cappuccino' looks great! And watching you yesterday I realized you are a meticulous niddy noddy winder or I just didn't know how to do it!!!
By the way, skim milk will not cut it in Chai tea!!!

Robin said...

Mmmmmm, I'm thirsty now!

It's beautiful!

Nikki said...

it's sooooo pretty!!

jody said...

try fat free half and half and mix it with skim milk and then use that in your coffee-it is not quite as bad a complete cream withdrawal and has no fat and fewer calories and will keep you sane and happy-something good for the whole fam, right??? plus your yarn is super pretty, too :)

Kristine said...

Hey, Cate, I found your blog while googling for anything on St. Pierre. We moved here last month from out of state--we also homeschool, so your blog caught my attention.

While I just skimmed a few of your posts, I'm guessing you also follow TWTM/Story of the World, since you mentioned the mummified chicken. Haha, you can bet we've never done THAT activity! We've done the 4 yr. rotation once (first time with my now-13yo daughter), and now we're in Yr. 2, this time with my 9yo son.

My dh and I are addicted to Hazelnut Coffeemate. I thin mine out with half and half. I wonder if it's fat free half and half? Hmm.


http://kristine-jewelsofmyown.blogspot.com/

Dana said...

Oooooh. The yarn looks heavenly and smells that way too, I'm sure. Beautiful work Catie.

IndigoMuse said...

Get the some Land O Lakes FF Half and Half. I LOVE it and I'm a picky coffee drinker. Skim milk sucks in coffee. Stop now!